Sunday, February 13, 2011

Excel Project

This Excel Project was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I use Excel at work often and handle spreadsheets with thousands of entries and a tons of data. This project was very realistic and could very well be a report that I would have someone make if I owned/managed a gym. The breakdown of all the data was very specific, precise and easy to work with. It was very useful to learn all the new functions that I've needed in the past but was too pressed for time to look up. Now, my excel skills are that much proficient.

Taken by: Tobar, Cesar. "AvgIncrease."
Regarding pivot tables: The first one was very easy to comprehend what the results should be. However, the second, gave me quite the problem. I had to sit back and analyze what it was that the "manager" wanted so I could display the right percentage. At one point, I was displaying 8000%? which, after doing a little digging in the discussion board come to find out that it's "insane". Once I figured out that the percentage is a "sum" for the age groups broken down in gender...it was all smooth sailing. I enjoyed this excel project very much and hope the coming ones will be as useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment