Sunday, March 27, 2011

Database Project

I had attempted to use Microsoft Access last year for a project, it was difficult. I could not understand all the different views, structures of queries, forms and reports. Learning about Microsoft Access in this class is definitely something I was looking forward to because this is the one program that I could not figure out on my own. After finishing this project I learned many things: How the program is structured (different views & how to import data), how to create queries, forms reports and how to create reports from a certain source.

One way to improve this database could be: Create a table called "Current Members". We would know who our current clients are so we can send gifts and promotions on special dates (i.e. birthdays). We could have the same table as "6mo" except to change "Left Date" criteria and have the table return members with no "left date". Another way would be,  create a table of all current, individual memberships so the gym can send "family deals" so the whole family can sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment